After the Fire: Vineyard Erosion Control Tips & Goals
Many grape growers in the Sonoma. Mendocino and Napa Counties have had fire move through or around their vineyards. Most growers have experience installing erosion control measures and a good sense of what to do to protect their vineyards. There are 6 goals of post fire erosion control. Click the link below to access the tips and goals.
Fall Plastic Recycling Day Resources – November 7, 2017
- 2017 Fall Plastic Recycling Day Flyer (English)
- 2017 Fall Recycling Day Flyer (Spanish)
- Pesticide Container Rinse Certification Form
Topics of Interest
- Frost Protection and Water Conservation
- Labor Commissioner letter to FLC’s regarding SB243 – effective Jan 1, 2012 Note: Example template is example only. Not all information on example template is required by law. For more information, please view AB243 Cheat Sheet on Saqui Law SCWC Members Area (link above).
- Saqui Law Group Webinar PPT on AB469 and AB243
- Saqui Law Group Webinar Q&A on AB469 and AB243
- USDA, NRCS 2012 Program Sign Ups! Attn growers: EQIP can fund a Weather station that is added to the SCWC Weather Station Network that supplies local weather data to the Western Weather website for Sonoma County.
- BayArea Air Quality Management District Open Burning Forms
USDA RMA Grant Resources for Growers
In 2014, the Sonoma County Winegrape Commission was awarded a USDA Risk Management Agency Agreement to provide Sonoma County & District 3 growers with trainings and seminars on reducing and mitigating risk in the areas of water conservation, worker safety and pesticides. Within the “Educating Growers to Mitigate Risk in Sonoma County Winegrape Production,” SCWC held 27 meetings. These meetings included three water conservation/drought/frost meetings, two worker safety meetings and 22 IPM and PCA Breakfast meetings.
In addition, five educational videos were created with two of these in Spanish with English subtitles or text; and UC IPM Pest ID cards in English and Spanish and an English/Spanish vineyard poster were purchased for the growers. As a requirement of the Agreement, the videos and the meeting notes from the April through July Grower IPM Meetings are posted here and available for growers to utilize.
- Grape Crush Report
- Sonoma County Agricultural Crop Report
- Sonoma County Vintners Search Wineries
- Wines & Vines Online Buyer / Directory Guide
- Search for Winery on Wikipedia
- Family Winemakers Tasting Book Winery List 2009
- 2010 Harvest Fair Participating Wineries
- Grading, Drainage & Vineyard/Orchard Site Development now handled at the Sonoma County Ag Commissioner’s Office not PRMD. Changes to tree removal have been implemented. For more information, please contact Ag Commissioner’s office.