The Sonoma County Grape Growers Foundation and the Sonoma County Winegrape Commission will hold the 16th annual Sonoma County Pruning Championship on Friday, February 13, at SRJC Shone Farm. Check-in begins at 8:00am and the contest at 8:30am. Shone Farm is located at 6225 Eastside Road, Forestville. All events are open to the public and we encourage advance registration.
Please join us as we continue to make changes to streamline the event and create a terrific and worthy one-day, countywide pruning competition. Our goal is to provide a healthy competitive environment for the pruners and offer an enjoyable event for friends, family, co-workers and the public.
Important changes to the contest:
- The Sonoma County Pruning Championship will be a stand-alone event and not connected to any regional/AVA pruning contests.
- The competition is open to vineyard management companies based in Sonoma County or vineyard or winery entities who own vineyards in Sonoma County.
- Two pruners per vineyard or winery entity or vineyard management company.
- Pre-assigned heats and a final run-off with the top two pruners from each heat.
- Three vines per pruner in the heats and five vines per pruner for the final.
- Access to the vineyard rows will be restricted during the judging phases of the heats and final contest.
- The number of pruners will be cut off at 60 total. Get your applications in early!
- Due to the logistics of the event, walk-ins will not be accepted.
Contestant applications are due by February 6. Walk-in contestants will not be accepted. Stay tuned for the contest application and additional details. For further questions, please contact Karen at [email protected] or 707-522-5862.
We thank the SRJC Ag & Natural Resource Department for their partnership and our industry sponsors that make this event possible and free of charge to participants! If you wish to be a pruning contest sponsor, please reach out to Andriana at 707-522-5867 or [email protected]