NEW DATE: Sonoma County Winegrowers Present the
18th Annual Sonoma County Pruning Championship On Feb. 24
When: Friday, February 24, 2017 from 7:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Check-in begins at 7:30 am, Pruning begins at 8:30 am
Where: SRJC Shone Farm, 6225 Eastside Rd., Forestville (see attached)
- Register to compete no later than Friday, February 10th (registration form below).
- The Sonoma County Pruning Championship is a stand-alone event, not connected to any regional/AVA pruning contest.
- Due to the coordination of the event, walk-ins will not be accepted.
- The competition is open to vineyard management companies based in Sonoma County and vineyard or winery entities who own vineyards in Sonoma County (all District 3).
- The number of contestants (pruners) will be limited to 60 total. Get your applications in early!
- Two contestants (pruners) per vineyard or winery entity or vineyard management company.
- Pre-assigned heats and rows with the top two contestants (pruners) from each heat advancing to the final.
- Three vines per pruner in the heats and five vines per pruner for the final.
- Employers will be notified in advance of heat assignments and estimated timing.
- Cash and other great prizes for the winners! Lunch will be served!
- Please arrive no later than 7:45 am to check-in. If you are late, please call and notify Lara Roush-Hernandez at (707) 755-4869 immediately.
- Access to the vineyard rows will be restricted during all pruning and judging.
- No dogs are allowed on SRJC Shone Farm property!
- In case of rain and extreme weather, the contest will be postponed to March 3. Call Andriana to verify: 707-522-5867 office or 707-490-8171 cell. Pruners not able to make the new date may be replaced by co-workers or new contestants. New application with pruner signature is required in advance.
Register to attend by Friday, February 10
Please complete application form on page 2
return by faxing form to 707-522-5866 OR emailing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our generous Sponsors for making this event free of charge!
Special thanks for supporting this event: SRJC Ag and Natural Resource Department; Dutton Pavilion manager Chris Wills; viticulture instructor Merilark Padgett-Johnson; and, vineyard manager, Mark Sanchietti.
Questions? Contact Andriana at 707-522-5867 or email@example.com